Learn Guitar in Philadelphia Today
Fun facts about the guitar!
Who doesn’t love the guitar? When we think of our favorite bands, there is always a guitarist. Guitar playing has been around for centuries and learning to play is an aspiration of many. If you are thinking about picking up the guitar, start out with great guitar lessons in Philadelphia. Once you learn the basics, the sky is the limit! The guitar is an amazing instrument that has weathered time and influenced the world with its sound and style. This instrument is unlike no other.
Here are some fun, interesting facts about the guitar that you may or may not know. See how much guitar knowledge you have.
- The word “guitar” was adopted in England after the Spanish instrument named “Guitarra.”
- There are two basic types of guitar, acoustic and electric, with sub categories underneath them.
- One of the oldest guitars was “chitara,” which was used in ancient Rome.
- Guitars were always constructed with hollow bodies until the electric guitar was invented.
- The oldest guitars came from Persia 3,500 years ago and were named “tanbur.”
- One of the most popular stringed guitars in medieval Europe was called “lute.”
- Europe was home of one of the most influential guitar types, “Vihuela,” in 1400 AD.
- Guitars were not popular until the early 1900s even though they were around. Pianos, violins, and flute were much more widespread before then.
- During the middle ages, guitars were used as rhythm instruments.
- Some ancient guitars were Gitarre, Chitara, Kithara, Sithar, Guitarra, and Qitara.
- Gibson made the first electric guitar in 1936.
- According to most, one of the most influential guitar players of all time was Jimi Hendrix.
- Some of the most popular guitar manufacturers are Gibson, Ibanez, Fender, Jackson, Martin, and Gretsch.
- Basic components of the guitar: headstock, neck, nut, fretboard, frets, truss rod, strings, and inlays.
- Electric guitars have electromagnetic pickups that convert string vibrations into electrical signals. These signals are then amplified, modified and reproduced on electric speakers.
The guitar has had its ups and downs throughout musical history but one thing is clear, this instrument has stood the test of time. Its sound is undeniable and its ease of use can’t be matched. When we discover our style and learn how to play, there is no limit to what we can’t do with a guitar.
The world has produced some of the most creative and amazing guitarists and more are emerging every day. Maybe you want to be one of them or maybe you are just interested in learning how this amazing instrument works. Whatever your reason, start out by taking guitar lessons in Philadelphia and then work your way forward. Understanding the basics of guitar, learning music theory and knowing improvisation are all aspects that will lead you toward the direction of guitar player.